How to create a geofence from GPX
We are almost done with a feature in ParaPlan Desktop that will allow route planners to set up geofences around their routes to keep them working in a specific area of town. In preparation for that, we have added support for direct importing of GPX files to create the geofences.
Here is a quick tutorial:
- On the sidebar, click All Elements, then Zones.
- In the Zone Finder, click New Zone. A blank zone window will open up.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/
- Click the Track button on the right-side toolbox.
- Click on the map to create the geofence. Be sure to circle back to the first point and click it to complete the shape.
- Click the GPX button on the right-side toolbox. This will generate a link to a GPX file that can be downloaded to the computer.
- Back to ParaPlan and the new Zone window, click Bulk Lat/Long insert, then click Import GPX file. Select the file that was downloaded in step 6.
- Label the new Zone.
- Click Save and Close.
Route planners can now assign routes to the Zone, and ParaPlan will only schedule trips in that area to that route.